A transfer is required for any player that was registered with another association in the previous season and registering with a different association in the current season. A Transfer and Release request must be completed via the online form located on the VSAHA website. VSAHA Executive Board must act on the Transfer and Release request before any games are played by the transferred player.
Allied Members: August 1st of current year. Transfers after this date are limited to two (2) per allied member, and a $300 fee for each request.
Local Associations: November 1st of current year. Transfers after this date must be pre-approved by the VSAHA Executive Board before the player can be registered and take part in any association practices or games. An additional $300 fee for each non-exempt transfer request. (For this policy, Brattleboro Hockey Association is considered a “Local Association”).
1. The Notice of Transfer and Release can be initiated by either the family wishing to transfer or receiving association. However, it’s the responsibility of the receiving association to ensure the process has been started before registering any new player to their association.
2. The VSAHA 1st Vice President will email the President of the previous association with the transfer request. The previous association has seven (7) days to respond via email with approval or details of any outstanding financial obligation by the player. (The only reason to deny a release to a player is if the previous association is owed dues, fees, or equipment by the player seeking the Transfer & Release.) Failure to respond within the seven (7) days, VSAHA will assume no financial obligation and proceed with the transfer request.
3. Once approval from the previous association has been received, VSAHA 1st Vice President will determine that the correct transfer reason was selected. The VSAHA Executive Board will review and make final ruling. The final ruling will happen the 2nd Tuesday of each month from August to November.
4. The VSAHA 1st Vice President, will provide notification to the person submitting the request once the ruling is finalized. A transfer request summary will be provided monthly to the full VSAHA Board of Directors and will be posted on the VSAHA website.
5. The player is not eligible to play games with the receiving association until the entire transfer and release process has been completed. If there is a financial obligation outstanding or the transfer and release has not been submitted, the VSAHA Executive Board may extend ineligibility to practices as well.
Exempt Transfer In each of the situations below, a player may transfer provided they are released in good standing from the president of the previous association. A $100 transfer fee will apply to this transfer. Once the transfer has been confirmed as an exempt transfer and the transfer process has been completed, a refund will be issued of the transfer fee:
Local Association Transfer- A player may transfer to a Local Association provided they are released in good standing from the president of the previous association. A $100 transfer fee will apply to this transfer.
Allied Member Transfer - A player may transfer to an Allied Member association provided they are released in good standing from the president of the previous association. A $100 transfer fee will apply to this transfer.
Out-of-State-Players - A player living outside of Vermont may transfer into a VSAHA Local Association or Allied Member provided they are released in good standing from the president of the previous association. A $100 transfer fee will apply to this transfer. To be eligible for state tournament play, the transferred player must meet the residency requirements as outlined in Article IV 4.01 of the VSAHA By-Laws.